commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Eddy Smeets No.2 Dutch troop 10IA Commando  XML
Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

It is with much sadness that I inform you of the passing of Constant Eduard 'Eddy' Smeets who served with No. 2 Dutch troop of 10IA Commando. Jack Bakker sent these details to me. I have copied his photo from the link to the website of the Dutch Commando association below:

The link brings you to the site of the Dutch Commando Association and tells of the passing away of one the very few who are left of No 2 Dutch Troop of No 10 I.A. Commando. His name is Eddy Smeets. He joined the Troop in January 1945 after completing the commando course at Achnacarry.

http://www.korpscommandotroepen.nl/index.php?l=nl&p=11&id=371

Rest in peace Eddy
[Thumb - Eddy Smeets.jpg]
 Filename Eddy Smeets.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Eddy Smeets No.2 Dutch troop 10IA Commando. Photo courtesy of the Dutch Commando Association
 Filesize 98 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  309 time(s)

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at 25/04/2012 15:51:07

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Rust in Vrede

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]

Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger