commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Cenotaph Parade - Lack of Commandos in attendance  XML
Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

A fellow member of the CVA, Rich Carr highlights below a problem that we have had for many years in that the many wartime Commandos
celebrate Remembrance at the Commando Memorial in Spean Bridge, and very few (less than five!) attend the Cenotaph each year. As I organise the celebrations in Spean Bridge I am aware that the numbers of wartime Commandos are becoming fewer each year and I am also aware that not too many post-war Commandos attend.

So to that end, there must be hundreds of former Commandos, wartime and post-war who could attend the Cenotaph and ensure that a sea of Green Berets are on parade each year.

Please read Rich's plea below and consider giving the Commando Fraternity your support this Remembrance Day.

Email from Rich Carr:

Dear Sirs
I am writing to you on behalf of the Commando Veterans Association. (http://www.commandoveterans.org/site/ )

Whilst it is right and proper that the main act of Commando remembrance will always be at the Commando Memorial at Fort William it has become increasingly concerning that the numbers attending the Cenotaph on behalf of the Commando Veterans Association has dwindled over the years to a point whereby it is forseeable that there will be no representation on the Whitehall parade at all.

I'm sure we would all agree that is a situation that shouldn't be allowed to happen. In effect this mail is a call out to the network of Commando Veterans Associations to see if we can bolster the numbers of former Commando Trained personnel on the Remembrance Parade at the Cenotaph. It would be my hope that eventually we can fill our allocation of spaces to properly honour our forbears who formed the original Commando forces and whose service, with such distinction, embodied the word commando with so much of the meaning that it resonates with today. If you can please pass on this message to your commando-trained contacts and any who may be interested in attending the service at Whitehall can contact me, on behalf of the CVA on [email protected]. I appreciate time is short for this year but I look forward to your support in this matter. Yours sincerely Rich Carr(Ex Cdo RE)on behalf of the Commando Veterans Association

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/01/2019 00:13:27

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
greg Mcjee
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi sir

If you'r agree , we can translate your request to french commando's ?

greg
[MSN]

Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger