commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Dennis Cooper 4 Commando  XML
Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Peter Cooper
Forum Member

It is with great regret and sadness that I have to inform you of the death of my father, Dennis Cooper. He was with 4 Commando at Walcheren and I think he was the last of No 1 troop.
We will never see the likes of these men again.

Son of Dennis Cooper, 1 troop 4 Commando.
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Peter

I am so sorry to hear of the death of your father Dennis. My thoughts are with you and all your family at this time. I echo your words
We will never see the likes of these men again

Rest in peace Dennis
[Thumb - dennis cooper.jpg]
 Filename dennis cooper.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Dennis Cooper No.4 Commando 1 troop
 Filesize 33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  365 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 18/09/2010 18:52:43

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Bob Bishop
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Another brave man gone. My love and best wishes to you and your family.

- Janet
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Peter,

I'm so sorry to hear of your news and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sad time.

may God go with Dennis and may he Rest In Peace.

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

A very sad loss indeed. I shall miss dearly our correspondences and our sincere condolences go to Peter and his family.

Our thoughts are with you in your time of sadness.

God bless you Dennis. Rest in peace.

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
John Martin
Forum Member

I was deeply saddened by the news of Dennis's death. He was a lovely man. I have spent so many happy times with him at reunions in France and Holland. When my uncle, who served with Dennis at Walcheren, died ten years ago Dennis made extraordinary efforts to fill the gap. We corresponded regularly over the subsequent years. His letters were always upbeat and amusing, and he had a very pronounced view on life today! He was also immensely generous with gifts, particularly books. I have known him to order multiple copies of a book that had appealed to him, simply to send to his friends. It would be right to say that Dennis, after his family, lived for his former Commando colleages. The words with which he always used to end his letters were "keep smiling" and I am sure that this is what he is telling them now.

As a postscript, I attach a photograph of my late uncle (left) and Dennis taken in Normandy some twenty years ago
[Thumb - Donald Martin and Dennis Cooper.jpg]
 Filename Donald Martin and Dennis Cooper.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Donald Martin and Dennis Cooper No.4 Commando
 Filesize 450 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  387 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 20/09/2010 14:18:17

Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

its been a very sad last few days . RIP Dennis

SE Donnison
[MSN]
Peter Cooper
Forum Member

The service for Dennis Cooper will be at Douglas Crematorium on the Isle of Man on Friday September 24th at 11.30am.
Donations in lieu of flowers to the CVA please.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 21/09/2010 12:41:33

Son of Dennis Cooper, 1 troop 4 Commando.
[email protected]
Forum Member

Dennis to me was someone special and meant a lot to me and my family. Like my father he was a cobbler and an example to us all, he will be missed but never forgot. I shall miss those telephone conversations and letters which used to arrive frequently here in Anglesey full of paper cuttings
and photos and of course many a book. He knew that I was fond of Red Leicester cheese and guess what arrived here one day? yes you guessed it cheese tons of it thats the type of man he was generous and kind in every way. I feel honoured to have known Dennis love you loads keep smiling.

Doug

Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger