commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Information on pte doug underhill, 3 Tp 6Cdo.  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
STEPHEN UNDERHILL
Forum Member

I am looking for any information/pictures on my grandad Pte Doug Underhill of 6 Cdo.
Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Stephen

Firstly I would like to wish you a very warm welcome to the CVA, although I do not have any specific info regarding your GF, I can provide you with some guidance and info that may be of assistance.
You can apply for a copy of your GF's Army Records, this is quite a straight forward process and only costs £30. I and quite a few others on this site have already done this, although the info that you can receive in reply to this application can be a bit hit and miss, for £30 it is well worth taking a chance. In my case I received copies of original documents that were extremely interesting including my father's Army Medical and Attestation Form. However the most intersting document was Army Form B200b, which listed all of the units that he served in, dates of service including a couple of misdmeanours and the punishments that he received for them!!
The following link will take you to the site that contains all of the info to carry out your own aplication.

http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/service_records.html

Do you have any of your GF's photos from his time with the Commandos, if so they would not only make a much welcomed contribution to our gallery / archive, but uploading them could also help to jog some ones memory and would also be a fine tribute to GF, also you never know one of his photos may contain the relative of some one else who may visit this site. I know this is a bit of an obvious point, but have you already checked out our Gallery to see if there are any photos of your GF in the No.6 sub gallery?
Stephen do you have any of your GF's documents like his Army Pay book or Demob cert or even better his Commando Service Certificate? Again all of these documents can provide a little bit of the jigsaw when carrying out your research.
Hopefully some one else on this site may come up with some specific info regarding your GF, so may I wish you the very best of luck.

Cheers Andy

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger