commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Leonard Lacey  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Darrol Holt
Forum Member

Dear Sir
I am writing for any information concerning Leonard Lacey my wife's uncle. According to the CWGC he is buried at Rangoon and was with the 8th Commando. Is there any information concerning his activities?

Yours Sincrely

Darrol Holt
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Darrol

Welcome to the CVA. Just as a starter I would ask you to view the photos and documents in our Mission 204 album which is located in our main WW2 gallery under "The Campaign in Burma and South East Asia". Although I have no way of being certain at this stage, there is a possibility that when No.8 Commando was disbanded he was one of those that went to this unit. The link below will take you directly there. There are 2 documents in there that explain about Mission 204 and might be the reason why your wife's uncle may have been there. There are others on our site who have more knowledge about Mission 204 and another unit - 142 Commando Company - and I am sure they will respond. In the meantime if you have any photos or other documents relating to Leonard Lacey please feel free to post them here. It may help. I have also included a link to a previous forum message about 142 Commando Company who were operating in the area at the time of Leonard's death

The link to the gallery with info about Mission 204 is here:
http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/WW2/Burma/Mission+204/

The link to the previous forum message about 142 Commando Company is here:
http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoForum/posts/list/280.page

In Memory of Private 5669104 Leonard Frank Lacey
Somerset Light Infantry and No. 8, Commando
who died age 31 on 15 September 1942
Remembered with honour RANGOON MEMORIAL

Regards

Pete

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/09/2010 17:44:25

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger