commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Spean Bridge  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
sandi
Forum Member

I was told my uncle James MacLellan was a (Sergeant) instructor at Spean Bridge during WWII. I do not know his army number or any other details other than he trained the Commandos. Can you inform me where I can find out any further information about him. He came from Inverness. Thank you.

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Sandi and welcome to the CVA

There is no list as such that I know of men who were instructors at Achnacarry or any other Commando training centre. As you will see from this photo in our gallery most of the Instructors were Sergeant or above. Have a good look through it and maybe you will spot him. Do you have any photos of him from his army days? If so post one in the forum on this message thread. As to finding information, the search really must begin with extended family and any documents, pictures, or details they may have. Certainly Regiment, and ideally service number, are needed. If he was from Inverness perhaps you could check with the Clan Cameron Museum, or local historians who may be able to say more about the likely Regiment he may have been in. I hope someone else here can help you more but here's the link to the picture I mentioned

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/WW2/Commando+Training/Achnacarry+Instructors+copy.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

Regards

Pete

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/08/2010 23:27:14

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
sandi
Forum Member

Hi Pete, many thanks for photo. I don't have any photos of my uncle when he was young, but 4th from the right, front row has a good resemblance. I shall do further research within the family and in the near future may take a trip to the Clan Cameron Museum. Thank you once again. Sandi

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger