commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Thomas Davies Preston - 4195482  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

Thomas Preston would like to speak to anyone who may have information on his father Thomas Davies Preston, formerly of the Royal Welch Fusiliers and No 1 Commando. He knows that he served in North Africa and Burma with the Commandos. Later in life Thomas suffered brain damage after an awful accident in a mine shaft and was committed to a mental hospital in Denbigh; he passed away in 1973.

Anyone who can help please contact Thomas via myself via pm.

Many thanks

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/1/Thomas+Davies+Preston+No+1+Cdo+died+1973.jpg.html

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/08/2010 13:03:52

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
Kevin
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi, Geoff my father knew Tommy Preston very well during and after the war and were in contact as they lived only a few miles appart my father was also formerly RWF no.4185353 but enlisted in 1922, I'm sure Idris would know more about Tommy, If Andy Maines picks up on this thread he might ask Idris for some info. I did contact Tommys other son Eddie a few years ago but did not get a positive responce therefore no other contact was made.

Kevin

''Coemgen Filius Primi Inter Pares"
Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Geoff and Kevin

Sorry for the delay in picking up this message, but have had a busy couple of weeks with one thing and another!
As soon as I saw the name Tommy Preston I knew it was a name that Idris Jones had identified as being one of the men in my Operation Deepcut photo, in fact his name appears in the anotated version. I have litterally just got off the phone having spoken to Idris and as Kevin thought, he did know Tommy very well indeed, in fact he said he has quite a lot of info / stories concerning him, from what Idris told me Tommy had quite a bad time in N.Africa. Idris would be more than happy for Tommy's son to contact him directly and has gladly given me permission to pass on his home tel No to Thomas (junior) which I will now do via a PM to Geoff.
What an absolutely fantastic research tool this site is!

Cheers Andy

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 12/08/2010 19:43:01

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger