commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Charlie Goff  XML
Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
JOHN W
Forum Member

It is with great regret and again with sadness that Charlie Goff # 2 Commando 5 troop passed away last Wednesday July 14th age 95 in Swanage, Dorset where he had lived since 1954. His Funeral will take place at Poole Cremetorium this Friday at 1400.
I had known Charles from my birth, he and my Father Jack White Also # 2, were true friends having known each other before the war.
Charlie has left me a couple of photos etc, but most treasured, a 60 page documented brief history of his Commando years. I have not seen them yet, but will when poss will share them with you all, and of course have them with me and my family at Fort William this November.
John White.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/05/2013 12:26:57

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Rest in peace Charlie

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Bob Bishop
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Thank you for letting us all know about Charlie, John. Bob sure enjoyed talking to you about him and had hoped Charlie would have been able to get up to Fort William in 2008 for a reunion there. Well, they are having a grand one now!

I'm looking forward to seeing your treasures from Charlie in November, as well as you and your family too.

Love, Janet
Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

yes very sad news ..RIP Charlie

SE Donnison
[MSN]

Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger