commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Sending Private Messages to Members  XML
Forum Index » Using the Website, Forums and Gallery
dan
Forum Member

Did you know that you can send private messages to any member of the CVA forum?

Simply click the icon next to the name of the member you want to contact. Then send them your message. This message will only be visible by you and the recipient.

Private messages that have been sent to you will appear in your private messages inbox. This is available from the menu above after you have logged in.
Di Robinson
Forum Member

Hi Dan

I have 2 questions please.

1. Is it possible to attach a photo to a private message? I couldn't see any instructions but maybe I missed them.

2. I'm having trouble sizing a couple of photos I want to put on the gallery and wondered if you could help please. (If you're the gentleman I met in FW in November - I was with Bob and Janet - then I think I've already emailed the photos to you asking for help).

Regards
Di

Di Robinson
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Di Edwards wrote:Hi Dan

I have 2 questions please.

1. Is it possible to attach a photo to a private message? I couldn't see any instructions but maybe I missed them.

Di,
to answer your first question, I think you should be able to post images/photos in Private Messages...
try this:
...there is a row of 'buttons' at the top of the message page, click on IMG and [img] will appear in your message, paste your image address (which should be something along the lines of: http://www.xxxx.com/img.jpg, then click on Close Marks and you'll get [/ img] at the end of the address. Click Preview to see if the Image/ Photo has loaded ok and, if you're satisfied, click Submit and that's it - job's a good 'un. :wink:
Regards Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

Hi all, just to reiterate the intention of this post: could members please consider using the PM facility when discussing non-Commando issues or to make communications that are specific to an individual and may be of little interest to any one else. Each time a post is made an email is sent out to inform members that a post has been added or replied to. To open up a post to find an addition of 'thanks for that....' or 'me too....' is slightly frustrating when one is very busy. Anyone now found guilty shall be put on jankers and reduced in rank accordingly. Kind regards to all.

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

Dear all, it has come to my attention that some members feel that my last post regarding the use of PMs was negative. The intent of my slightly jocular request (which was in response to comments from other members) was only to promote the use of the PM facility so that members would not receive email prompts for additions to the forum only to find very simple personal replies to previous posts. Unfortunately I have to rely on this email system as I do not have time to log on as regularly as others. I have not set any 'restrictions' and members may use the forum how they so wish. However 'when appropriate' members are requested to use the PM facility. It would be very doubtful that this should or would curtail any interaction between members and I do hope that it does not deter those that enjoy the wonderful forum from continuing to do so. Kind regards.

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Geoff,
At the risk of losing my 'pips', thanks for that... :wink:

Members are reminded that they can turn off the automatic email notifications by going to "My Profile", scrolling down to "My Preferences" and opting out of various options.

May I also remind you that if there are any issues that you have with Threads/Posts on The Forum then I, as a Moderator, can deal with many of them - rather than add to Geoff's already huge workload (Geoff is the National Secretary for The CVA - not just The Forum), especially as I access The Forum at least once a day...

Nick

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 27/01/2009 17:09:10

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

We are currently very busy trying to enhance our Category and Forum menus in order to give more ease of reference and also to clean up some of the 'non-essential' posts that sometimes get added. This should hopefully be completed over the next 2 weeks. To assist us in this could members please use the pm facility when appropriate?

Kind regards

Geoff

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'

Forum Index » Using the Website, Forums and Gallery
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger