commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Pictures of Veterans with no names  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Update - Names now added to those displayed on this particular message thanks, but view the others below it

There are quite a few pictures in various albums of veterans where the name and unit is not shown. Some of these date back to when the gallery first began, others are more recent. Most are WW2 Commando Veterans, some are post WW2 Veterans, and some are still in HM Forces. I would like to try and address this. As such I will be posting on this forum message some pictures every now and then and if you know them please reply with their details and I will update the gallery. Here are a few from the Commando Gatherings pre CVA Normandy 2004 album which can be seen here:

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/Commando+Gatherings+pre+CVA/Normandy/60th+anni+d+day+2004/

Also if you spot any photo in the gallery where you know the person, either add a comment to the photo or let me know by pm.

Thanks
[Thumb - 1.JPG]
 Filename 1.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 57 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  429 time(s)

[Thumb - 2.JPG]
 Filename 2.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 54 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  453 time(s)

[Thumb - 4.JPG]
 Filename 4.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 142 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  430 time(s)

This message was edited 10 times. Last update was at 23/01/2018 13:11:19

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Heres another Commando Association group photo in our gallery. Stan Scott and his son in law have recently added more names to those that were originally shown on the photo. Here is a link to the updated picture:

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/Commando+Gatherings+pre+CVA/reunions/CA+Reunion+circa+99.bmp.html

If anybody recognises those not named in this or any other photo please let me know

***** Update ****** : Thanks to Scotty many more names now added to this photo
[Thumb - CA Reunion circa 99.jpg]
 Filename CA Reunion circa 99.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 512 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  595 time(s)

This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at 24/10/2012 16:50:07

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Update many names added on this one but one or two still outstanding

Here's another picture of Commando Veterans just submitted by Mark Heard. Anybody recognise those not named, or have any more information? Fred Walker is in there so if you have contact with Fred perhaps you could show him a copy.. The gallery picture on the link below zooms to excellent quality, or simply download from here or the gallery.

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/Commando+Gatherings+pre+CVA/reunions/IMG_0002_001.jpg.html

[Thumb - IMG_0002.jpg]
 Filename IMG_0002.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 527 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  487 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 24/10/2012 16:52:27

[Email]
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

No 5 Charlie Spuffard No 5 Cdo (member of CVA).

4th from right - Bob Cubitt No 3 Cdo

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Regarding the above photo which is of some of the London Branch of the Commando Association I am pleased to say that we are now only looking for 4 more names. Eric Buckmaster sent copies of the photo out and Fred Walker has identified a few more.

No. 6. is Stan Stewart 6 Commando; No. 14. is Capt. Tug Wilson of 6 Commando; No. 15 is Dick Whittingham of 2 Commando."

Vic Lewis remembered No.10 as having the first name of Eddie. Vic described the man to me and I spoke with Ron Youngman who, without even seeing the photo, remembered him from Vic's description and identified him as Eddie Sims of 6 Cdo.

Now lets see if we can get the last 4 identified

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/Commando+Gatherings+pre+CVA/reunions/IMG_0002_001.jpg.html

See you all at FW on the Saturday ( If anyone wishes to they can bring copies of photos or documents suitable for our gallery, hand them to me , with relevant details on the back, and I will upload them on my return )

Pete

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at 24/10/2010 12:51:24

[Email]
johnh
Forum Member

re picture of 1999 CVA re union. My dad Ted (Dutch) Holland is in number 8 position back row

j.c. holland
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi John

Photo updated. Many thanks

Pete R.

[Email]
no6 grandson
Forum Member
[Avatar]

ref top pic to the left is geoff scotson my late grandfather and to the right is harry bell both of no 6 commado. geoff was in 3 troop and harry was in the heavy weopons troop.
no6 grandson
Forum Member
[Avatar]

second pic down is geoff scotson gordon flemming William (Bill) Kingsmore i think and harry bell again all no6 standing at capt pymans grave i think.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 28/09/2011 23:38:38

no6 grandson
Forum Member
[Avatar]

the two other guys in the third pic down icant recall their names sorry.
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Ryan, thanks for the detail re your Grandfather and others. Photos updated. I have sent you a private message regarding this

Pete

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 27/09/2011 20:13:11

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Can anyone help with the names of those in this 1962 reunion photo....I have thoughts on the man who is to the right of Henry Brown as you view the photo but want to see if anyone else comes up with the same name. Also any idea on the others?

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/Commando+Gatherings+pre+CVA/reunions/Commando+Reunion+1962/x-+Gp+3+1962+HB.jpg.html

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 24/10/2012 16:42:50

[Email]
steph
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello to all

Did someone could recognise this veteran. Photo taken in Normandy maybe in 1993 / 1994.
[Thumb - 3.jpg]
 Filename 3.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 528 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  361 time(s)

steph
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hope you could recongise this 3 cdo veteran, photo taken in 1994 in PETIVILLE ( Normandy )
[Thumb - 2.jpg]
 Filename 2.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 183 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  363 time(s)

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger