commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
2 Commando  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Carol Jermyn
Forum Member

I would be very interested to receive any information regarding my grandfather who was 2 Commando. He was from the South of ireland and is name was John B. Jermyn
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Carol

Welcome to the CVA. I have as yet no information concerning your grandfather although I am making some enqs on your behalf. I see that there is a P. Jermyn in the CVA No.2 Commando "They also served" section :
http://www.commandoveterans.org/site/no-2-commando-served

Whilst this is not a full and final list of all who served in No.2 Cdo it could be another Commando with the same surname but also the initial may represent the nicknames many used, for instance could the P refer to Paddy - just a thought on that one. Before moving any further down the line of research I would like to know a bit more about what you and your family already have, eg. pictures from his Commando days, documents or service certificates, army service record, Army Commando Association membership details, service number. You can either reply with details on this message or if you wish you can contact me by email if you have any photos or documents of his that you would like to includ.

Looking forward to hearing more from you

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 23/09/2014 22:16:35

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Carol Jermyn
Forum Member

Thank You Pete for taking the time to reply to me.

My grandfather, being an Irishman, was know by all as Paddy and this would make sense. My grandmother, who was a F.A.N.Y. met him during the war and called him Paddy all his life.

I think my Grandmother would have much more information and possibly photographs, so i will speak to her and revert once i have more information.

Thanks again

Carol

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger