commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Service History/Photos - Peter Cartner - 45 Commando 'A'Troop / 1st Special Brigade D-Day  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
RichardD69
Forum Member

Looking for anyone who know my grandad. I think he was in 45 Commando A Troop under Lord Lovett on the 1st special brigate at Pegasus Bridge??

He was called Peter Cartner.

I think her served with Dave Moore, Dick Wren and Reg Such???? His commanding officer was Captain Grewcock ???

Thanks
Richard

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 08/07/2010 19:26:22

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Richard

Welcome to the CVA. Whilst I have no direct information concerning your grandfather I was wondering how much information you have gathered yourself. You use the word "I think" on several occasions so before pointing you in the direction of areas of interest or future research which you might have gone down already perhaps you can add a bit more about your Grandfather and how you got the other names you mention and his troop. One example of what I mean is that you put "Captain Grewcock ???". Captain Eric Grewcock was OC of A troop and was killed in action on the 12th June 1944. If you have a photo of your grandfather from his RM Commando days or documents please consider posting them in reply to this message. Have you got his Service Record from the Royal Navy, or made contact with any RM Cdo veteran associations ?
Looking forward to hearing more from you

Pete

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 09/07/2010 11:31:59

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
RichardD69
Forum Member

Hi there, sorry for not getting back earlier ! I have been to France to visit Pegasus bridge and areas...
I do have some pictures, but just getting them reproduced..I also know of another friend of his I am trying to track down thant i think is still alive, his name is Reg Such? I have a picture with him..

I am also keen to get a diary of events of 45 RM landing...
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Richard - The Pegasus Archive site has reproduced the War Diary for 45 RM Cdo and others on D Day

http://www.pegasusarchive.org/normandy/frames.htm

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/08/2010 16:21:12

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger