commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Robert (Bob) Witney 4 Commando  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
markwitney1
Forum Member

Bob Witney served with 4 Commando and was known to be on the D.Day landings and the Walcheren operation. Anyone with any information on this man please contact. may have been with Major Menday's troop (???). Parent regiment was Grenadier Guards.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/04/2013 18:24:55

Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Mark

A very warm welcome to the CVA, although I personally do not have any specific info regarding Bob Witney, hopefully someone else on this site might. I assume from your name that you are a relative of Bob's, if this is the case then you could apply for a copy of his Army records, the process is quite straight forward and only costs £30, the following link will take you to the section of the forum that contains the relevant application details.

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoForum/forums/show/38.page

It might also be worth posting a message on the Combined Operations website, I did this concerning a photo that I have of my father taken just after a Commando raid that he took part. As result I have been contacted by someone whose uncle took part in the same raid, this person subsequently put me in touch with another veteran, who as it turns out is actually sitting next to my father in the photo!

Good luck with your search and please do update your message with any info that your research turns up. One final point we are always looking to increase our archive of Commando related photos, if you have any photos or documents relating to Bob's time with the Commandos we would be honoured to have them included in the gallery. If you do have any photos etc then please let us know and assistance can be provided by either myself or one of the other moderators to upload them in to the gallery on your behalf.

Cheers Andy

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 25/05/2010 21:26:25

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]
Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Here is a photo of Bob Witney that has been supplied by his son Mark, I am hoping that he will be able to supply a higher res image in the near future plus images of his father's Commando artefacts and documents.

Cheers Andy
[Thumb - Bob_Witney_c.1943_4_Commando.jpg]
 Filename Bob_Witney_c.1943_4_Commando.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 31 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  418 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 29/05/2010 08:50:50

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger