commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Ben Fletcher/ Ben Parry, No4 Cdo  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

Please can you help me?
I have been trying to locate my uncle for the past ten years. Sadly it is too late for him to be reunited with his sister (my mother) as she has since passed. His name was Benjamin (Ben). I do not know if he went by the name he was christened which was Benjamin Parry, or by his fathers name which was Benjamin Fletcher.
I have attached a photo of Ben in his uniform. I can just make out No 4 commando and I think 2 stripes on his left shoulder. Ben was born in stoke Lacey, Bromyard, Herefordshire in 1924.
Please if you know anything or know of anyone who may know of him please contact me as I would love to find out what happened to him or if he is dead or alive.
Thank you in anticipation.
Shirley

Posted for Shirley by John M
[Thumb - Fletcher Parry 4cdo.jpg]
 Filename Fletcher Parry 4cdo.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 77 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  480 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 22/02/2009 20:45:41

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Shirley

I am Bill Harvey son of Bill Harvey of No4 Commando who was killed in Flushing. I would suggest that you try the Salvation Army as they are very good at tracing lost relatives.

Do you have the exact date of birth of Ben Fletcher / Parry? It may be helpful.

Best wishes.

Bill

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."
Tracy
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello Shirley,
Its so long since you posted this I have no idea if you will pick this message up but it you do I am the granddaughter of Ben Fletcher who I believe may be your uncle.
I am trying to trace his life as he never spoke of any family. All we know is that in 1939 he was in Bromyard before enlisting.
Please contact me if you get this.
Tracy

Tracy searching for information on my granddad who was a commando is WW2.

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger