commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Possibly a Commando ?  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello

I stay in Dunbeg am a son of a No 4 Commando.

I did a search for you of the gravestone. Not able to travel just now with lockdown.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/203592946/alexander-smart-wylie

Best wishes.

Bill

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."
Panther
Forum Member

Hi Bill,
thanks for finding this and sharing,
some of my family are planning a trip there this summer, to meet "newly discovered" family members and to pay respects at the grave.
Phil Boot
Forum Member

Hi
I had a record of my dad's medals awarded but I had to apply to the medals office to get the actual medals sent to me
Good luck

Phil
[Email]
Panther
Forum Member

Hi Phil,
we don't know wether he claimed the medals or not, the person who might know is in Hospital at the moment,
if they were Issued it would be noce to locate them - he comes from a big family so someone might have them ?

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger