commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Looking for info on Members of 4 Commando in Dorset circa 1943  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Many thanks Guy.

Bill

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

John

I worked with Jacko Jackson in Alsa Shipyard ex 4th, I also drank in the Railway Club and was served my heavy by Alec Macauley ex 4th, and my wife's uncle Jack Mullaniff ex 4th ex Fire Chief of Preston
Good luck with the rest👍

From Troon site

Bill

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

John

My Stepdad was Charlie Williams he was injured in Dieppe worked tor Massey Ferguson Kilmarnock of the other commandos that I remembered lived in Troon were Jim Bishop, John Pepworth worked in Barassie Works Troon. Major Boucher Myrse lived in Ottaline Drive Troon, Chris Birmingham was a postman in Troon. There were others that I cannot remember. Hope this information helps you.

From Troon site.

Bill

Bill Harvey

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger