commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
KENNETH S KNOWLES - HELP NEEDED  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Suzanne66
Forum Member

NIC wrote:

Suzanne,
With the information that Guy has given you, your family can apply to the MoD for a scan of his original, handwritten Service Records...

You would need the consent of his Next of Kin, a copy of his Death Certificate and a one off fee of £30.
There are two forms that would need to be completed then sent to the MoD.

I can forward the links to these forms if you want me to?

Nick

Hello All,

Thank you so much for your replies, we've only just seen them.

I have re-scanned the photos separately and will attach them all here (see below). We knew from researching that he had started off in the Royal Artillery but our photos lead us to believe he joined the Royal Marines. Was on HMS Anson. We then know he was in Kowloon.

There is a photo of Kenneth in what looks like a football kit and we found there was film footage of a match between a team of Commandos and a team of Chinese players, at the Imperial War Museum. We also know from one of his photos that Jack Harcourt (secretary of state) visited his HQ and there
was footage of that too so we made an appointment to see it. Sadly it wasn't Kenneth's team but the footage of the visit by Jack Harcourt matched our photos.
Apparently they still have about 2 years worth of film footage to convert!

We will be applying for his records and plan to get the death certificate this week in person, sadly both my partners parents and Grandparents are no longer alive but will apply to the MoD.

Nick: I have the pages printed out but Thank You and thanks for the Lanyard info.

Guy: Thank you for deciphering the entry for us!

Craig: Thanks for noticing the 'conduct' stripe

If you can tell anything else by these photos, we'll be extremely grateful!

Thanks Again

Suzanne & Simon

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger