commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
COMMANDO MUSEUM SPEAN BRIDGE HOTEL  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Thanks Mike.

Bill

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Dear all

We are progressing at the moment and the three new display cases (thanks to West Highland Museum) are in place. We are putting documents into folders. We are looking into the lighting of the areas now with the CVA. I think our realistic anticipated date for the work to be finished will be October 2009.

Thanks to Willie Hervo, John Whyte for helping in this work and Fred Davies who is supporting us. We are doing this to help others to remember the Commandos, past and present, who gave us and give us our freedom. They are remembered with honour.

Best wishes

Bill

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."
John Burn
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Bill,

I have a copy to the attached Op Corporate Map. It is 46in X 39in. Scale is 1:100,000 & shows all movements of 3 & 5 Bdes & drawn up by Dir of Mil Survey. I've had it at the back of some shelves for the last 30+ years. Could the museum collection find a spot for it, given it's size & it may also need framed.
[Thumb - Falklands Map.jpg]
 Filename Falklands Map.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Falklands Map
 Filesize 179 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  374 time(s)

Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

John

I am just heading off to Nairn fro a few days but will consult with Willie and John and get back to you.

Best wishes

Bill

Bill Harvey
JB
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Great to hear If any other assistantance is needed I can help as well although I can probably not add more as Mike and Paul have a vast knowledge on commando insignia and arguably one of the best sources in the UK.

I hope to visit the museum once it is redone.

Cheerio,
JB

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 16/12/2018 09:32:41

Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

John

I will try to measure for the map when up next week working in the museum.

Best wishes.

Bill

Bill Harvey
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

JB

Where do you stay? PM me.

Bill

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 19/01/2019 12:15:11

Bill Harvey

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger