commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Gurkhas win right to stay  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

nahh then nahh then dont let us fall out over this ,,Yes they are mythical warriors . I actually believe whats been said of them happened. One British soldier's memoirs I read had him on sentry duty one night and being suddenly grabbed ,hands over him feeling him from head to toe ,,then suddenly a smilin gurkha saying "sorry, tommy " The soldier said hed never been more terrified It gave me a shudder too Dont think he made it up either

SE Donnison
[MSN]
Dusty's son
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello again all

I'm just going to add my 2 cents ( as we say over here ) to this discussion

Firstly, I was just relating some stories I had heard from my Dad that I thought people might find interesting. I should have realised that most of you would know the same stories given all of our backgrounds. I had forgotten the one about the Ghurka encountering an enemy and telling him to nod his head etc. but I heard that one as well from Dad. As Stephen says " they are mythical warriors

Secondly , Nic has a job to do as moderator to keep an eye on every thread not just certain ones . This includes trying to keep information posted as relevant and factual as possible. Members slagging each other in a public forum serves no useful purpose where as a pm might do the job for any issues between members.

I for one do not take offense with Nics post and I'm sure none was intended.

BTW.... I cannot make it over for the Spean Bridge reunion , (again) , this year so I will have to live vicariously through Janet and Bob and see the pictures etc. when they get back. I hope you all have a real good time

Lindsay
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Lindsay,
Thank you for your post(s).
And thank you for not taking any of comments personally.
I would just like to take this opportunity to (hopefully) draw a line under this Thread.

I do think it important that, as this is a forum, we all should be able to discuss our opinions etc openly and in an adult manner.

It would be very easy for me, as Moderator, to Lock or even Delete any Thread that I don't agree with, or Delete any individual post that doesn't seem to agree with my opinion.

But I see my responsibility as trying to assist and advise other contributors/members as well as policing the forum for foul language and inappropriate posts...

I accept that I will take a certain amount of FLAK but that is part and parcel of the position, and it will not stop me putting forward my opinions and thoughts if I think they are valid or are of some value.
I try my utmost in wording posts and messages in such a way that they won't cause offence but acknowledge that there is always the possibility that they will be misunderstood.

I will end by saying that I haven't taken any offence by any comments directed toward me either.

At least we all agree that the Gurkhas are very brave and loyal - as are The Commandos...

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger