commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Pat Churhill former CVA Chairman needs your help  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Frank,

It is good to know that we, the Commando Family, can all pull together when the occasion demands - it reminds me of a saying we are all familiar with, "United We Conquer"...

Can you find out details of the No.4 Commando family and point them in my direction please - I would like to make sure I have his name on our nominal rolls...

Many thanks,

Nick

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 24/04/2015 22:50:28

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Frank Churchill
Forum Member

I managed to find out the name of the 4 Commando Veteran who's son also has an allotment in Witney. His is L/cpl Doug Stone. His service history is somewhat unusual. He joined the Royal Field Artillery then transferred to RAF before volunteering for the Commandos, training at Inverary. He landed on Sword Beach with 4 Commando, 1st SS Brigade. This is as much as I was able to find out, though I directed his son to the CVA site.

Does anyone have any further information on L/Cpl Stone?

Frank

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger