commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
X Troop 10 IA Commando  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Peter Cooper
Forum Member

I think you may have problems tracing his movements after this. He could have moved anywhere in the UK or even overseas. Good luck in your search.

Son of Dennis Cooper, 1 troop 4 Commando.
Wolgang
Forum Member

[quote=Peter Cooper]I think you may have problems tracing his movements after this. He could have moved anywhere in the UK or even overseas. Good luck in your search.[/quote]

Yes, Thanks very much
Garrett
Forum Member

Hello

I'm re-posting this in the hopes I will get a response. I'm a history professor writing a book on X Troop 10 Commando (to come out with a major press). I've interviewed and been in contact with a number of children of X Troopers and have combed all the archives but am still seeking any contacts with children or relatives of X Troopers as my aim with this book is to get the story of this extraordinary group (also called 3 Troop) out to a large readership. If you have any information could you please email me directly: [email protected]

Thank you! Leah Garrett
Ander
Forum Member

Hi Harry. My grandfather wrote a letter to my grandmother in which he mentions the TSM. I'll get a copy in the next couple of weeks and post here- I think you'll find it of interest...
Hedley
Forum Member

Hello Everyone

As we approach the 75th anniversary of D Day, it is appropriate to reflect on the life of Eric Howarth/Erich Nathan.

In the past few years, interest in the Nathan family caused a reexamination of family records and documents and it is now clear that Eric was attached to the No 4 Commando on D Day and was part of the initial assault on Sword Beach at around 7:15 am. The commandos went first and he was one of them. As best as we know 4 members of Number 3, including Erich were part of that group

We remember them, our family remembers Erich, the family were recognized in Ulm with a Stolpersteine.

Best regards to everyone associated with No3 Troop

Hedley in Detroit
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Hedley

Can you, or any member of your family, confirm the full birth name of Erich. I have seen it written several different ways including this one Eli Erich Wolfgang Nathan ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger