commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Trooper Stan Scott , No 3 Commando 3 troop, CVA Chairman  XML
Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Jack Bakker
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Ria and I are shocked by the news of the death of Scotty. A man who made a big impression on us from the first moment we met him in Fort William. We will always remember the evenings we had dinner together with Scotty and Pam and other dear friends. Scotty answered many a question I had about Naill Thompson and it was always a pleasure to listen to his stories. Ria always took Old Amsterdam cheese with her when we came over to FW, the cheese Scotty liked so much. I will cherish his autograph which he wrote down in his book for me.

It has been an honour and a privilage to have known you Scotty and you will be dearly missed! Or thoughts go out to his lovely wife Pam and his family. I hope they have Old Amsterdam cheese where you are now....

Jack and Ria
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

The details of the funeral can be found on this Forum message The funeral of CVA Chairman Stan Scott

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 30/06/2014 20:21:56

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
jim the ritz
Forum Member

R.I.P. Scotty, legend!
Our Sympathy to your family from the family of Sgt Doug Webster 2 Commando

jim webster
proud son of DOUGLAS WEBSTER
2 COMMANDO
[Email]
Judi Kemp
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I am so very sorry to hear of Scotty's passing.
I have been corresponding with him for a number of years now, yearly Christmas cards and telephone calls, I will miss him.
He knew my Dad, Lieutenant Michael John Scovell, MTO, No. 3 Cdo, during the War and hope they have reunited.
My deepest heartfelt condolences to Pam and family.
God Bless, Scotty.
With much love,
Judi Kemp, North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Judi Kemp
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

I found an entry in Commando Association newsletter 101 of September 1995 which revealed another hidden talent of Scotty, our late much loved Chairman, which I felt should be noted on here with all the other messages. I wonder how many knew of his musical talent as a bugler !!

The extract below is taken from an article about a return visit to Linne and Maasbracht in the Netherlands to help them celebrate their VE Day and Liberation Day on 4th and 5th May of that year

On Liberation Day we were joined by representatives of the Canadian and British Forces in Germany, and by the Royal British Legion representative from Eindhoven. The Queen's Royal Hussars (successors to the 8th Hussars whose tanks carried us into Linne in January 1945) were represented by a Captain and 6 others, including their own piper who played a Lament at the War Memorial. We had our own bugler in the person of Stan Scott (3 Cdo) who sounded the General Salute and Last Post as appropriate - and very well too."

Remembering you Scotty.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger