commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
DIEPPE RAID 70th anniversary [with links to related photos and documents]  XML
Forum Index » Association Events
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Stephane has posted an album of photos from the 70th anniversary ceremonies and they can be viewed on this link:

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/events/Dieppe_001/DIEPPE+2012/

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
lorraine salter
Forum Member

Had a great weekend! Everyone made me feel very welcome.

Thanks to Stephane who made everything possible for me. Sorry Im a bit late with the thanks- my daughter got married at the weekend so been busy.

Hoping to go next year now. Trying to persuade my mum (Richard Hardings neice) to go with us. Im sure she will find it just if not more emotional as I did.
steph
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello,

In BERNEVAL, 20 08 2012, Lorraine receiving the medal of the town, from Mayor Mr. PHILIPPE.
In remembrance of L/Cpl Richard HARDING 3 Cdo KIA there.
[Thumb - DSC08139.JPG]
 Filename DSC08139.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 1632 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  525 time(s)

markh
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Back in August 2012, a TV documentary called "Dieppe uncovered" was shown - see earlier in this thread. I was curious to know if the book "Dieppe Decoded" by David O'Keefe which details more of the research was out. In the documentary, O'Keefe suggests that the reason for the raid was for Commandos to steal intelligence materials from within Dieppe harbour.

According to the publisher's website the book will be published October this year in Canada. Consult your favourite book shop/website.

http://www.randomhouse.ca/books/225874/dieppe-decoded-by-david-o-keefe

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 14/03/2013 18:15:34

The more I learn about the Commandos, the less I realise I know.

Grandson of George Norton Barnes
PLY/X 107640 Royal Marines
14987370 Fus. Barnes G.N Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers

Royal Marines 8 BN, Royal Marines No. 40 and No. 41 Commando, LST 320, The 9th Buffs, Army No. 5 Commando and X Lists.

Forum Index » Association Events
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger