commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
John Richard Coghlan - 5 then 1/5 commando  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

and again, centre row, 2nd from right?

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/5/Army_6.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
tonyharbour
Forum Member

2nd row from the back, 2nd right...that's him!! i missed him in this, i'll have another proper look through!!!
tonyharbour
Forum Member

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/5/India+or+Burma+2.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

Also in this one Nick....back row 2nd from right!! the bizarre thing is i'm actually holding his Black Watch beret badge that he has in that picture right now!!!
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Tony,
That's fantastic! I've updated all the photos to reflect your grandfather's name.
Unfortunately, at the moment, I'm unable to work out which Troop the large photo was of.

Regards,
Nick

Nick Collins,

[Email]
tonyharbour
Forum Member

well i've sent off for his records so hopefully will be able to shed a bit more light on troop numbers etc.
Large batch of pictures coming to me over this weekend so will sift through them and scan all the decent ones i can find....i distinctly remember there being one of a Japanese soldiers' head hanging from a tree!! :shock:
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Tony,

You will hear back from the MoD in the very near future but I'm sure that they'll tell you that there will be a delay of some months while they carry out their search.
They are also very busy dealing with welfare cases etc which I'm sure you'll appreciate must take precedence.

When you recieve the records you will find they are handwritten and full of service jargon, abbreviations and acronyms - if you need any assistance in deciphering them I'd be happy to assist.

I'm afraid that whilst they will provide a great deal of information they won't have details of which troop he was in - individuals could move around between troops quite often.

Nick

Nick Collins,

[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger