commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
John Mavin, 2 Commando, 6 Troop (and 4tp.).  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Bob Bishop wrote:
So, the history of No. 2 was the work of the late Bob Bishop MC? Well, he certainly has my (Posthumous) thanks too. It's a great article and an interesting read!

Thank you very much Graham. (You too Pete, of course). It was a labour of love for Bob and I thoroughly enjoyed my small part of putting it together.

- Janet Bishop

Graham,
I had the fortune to meet Bob, sadly only briefly, and can say that he was a grand old fellow and, as Janet says, he was very keen to tell the real story of the Commandos and to make sure that every commando was remembered.

Janet does, however, play down her part in the compilation of the History of No2 and the research that she did to help Bob with his work.

Nick

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 30/04/2011 21:51:17

[Email]
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

Excellent photo, and what an uncanny resemblance to John's sons Ben and Josh White.

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
Graham Hearn
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Bob (from his writings) certainly does sound like he was a grand chap, and just the sort of bloke you could spend many an interesting evening with over a beer or two!

Thanks Janet for all your work in documenting Bob's recollections. I'm very pleased that my pictures have been able to add another small missing piece to the 2 Commando jigsaw. :D

Great-nephew of John Mavin, 2 Commando, 4 troop.

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger