commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Andrew Stewart Scott - Edinburgh  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Richard

The original Commando Association records do show Pte Andrew Scott MM residing in Hawick post war although there is liitle else. If the nearest next of kin applies for a copy of your grandfather's service record this should show the gallantry award and all other medals, in addition to other information.

The sad thing is that in the circumstances you described the Medals Office will not issue a replacement Military Medal. The only thing you could do would be to contact the Royal British Legion who should be able to give you contact details of a reputable replica medals dealer. Of course this would only be a replica and there would be a fee. The citation should be able to be downloaded from The National Archives via their Documents Online section - there is a very small charge for this.

Once you get some pictures together I can place them in our gallery as tribute to your grandfather. I would also urge you to consider, if you have not already done so, joining the CVA as an associate member. How to do so can be found on our homepage. This applies to all relatives and friends of Commandos

Considering the wording of your first post on the 18th September 2010 this has to date been quite a good result for your research and I hope it continues.

Regards

Pete

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/10/2010 11:40:13

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
richardb14
Forum Member

Thank you Pete, :-)

I do have to say I owe a debt of gratitute to you all, I have found out so much just using this site as a reference tool, I will update as soon as I have some pictures. many thanks for the links and I am sure to try them all, i think if it is possible we will try and see if it is possible as you say to obtain a replica medal.

Richard.

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger