commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Joseph Farnworth no. 4 Commando  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
claire farnworth
Forum Member

Does anyone remember Joseph (Joe) Farnworth who was in No 4 Commando unit. My father died in 1972 and never talked about the war, if anyone has any information regarding his war record or know of anywhere i can get information from, I my brother and sisters would be very greatful

thank you

Claire
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Claire,
With regard to your father's Service Record, you can apply to the MoD for it.

Please follow these links and they'll explain how to go about it:

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/AboutDefence/WhatWeDo/Personnel/ServiceRecords/MakingARequestForServiceDetailsOfDeceasedServicePersonnel.htm

If there is anything you don't understand please do not hesitate to ask and I'll be happy to try and explain.

Regards,
nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Claire

Just to follow up Nics reply, I have sent you a PM concerning this matter, also another avenue of research would be to post any photos that you have of your father from his time in the Commandos. Not only could this prove to be very useful in helping your research, but it would also be a great addition to the CVA archive. If you do have any photos or documents etc that you would like to upload on to the gallery, but are unsure of how to actually carry this out, then I or others on this site would be only too happy to do this on your behalf.

Good luck, Andy

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 15/02/2010 23:19:09

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger