commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
A troop 4 Cdo Help Required  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
dan
Forum Member

Full size image

Can you help identify the members of A troop 4 CDO?

Mr Stephane St Martin contacted the the CVA and Provided this photograph and the following question. If you can help please contact the CVA or reply to this forum post.

-----

I was in Scotland last November for the ceremonies. I'm on the photo with veterans taken at the reunion in Fort William. I live in Normandy, and i'm in touch with veterans since the age of 13 years old, ( now 41) .

I have several photos given by vets. and families. I'm working to write a book about individual story. But time is short.

I enclose this photo about A Troop 4 cdo. I have few names.

Would like to ask ( Jimmy DUNNING don't know why) , how is it possible than some 4 cdo KIA are not on the 4 cdo ROLL OF HONOUR. ex : SUTTON kia 19 08 42, SMALLMAN kia 06 06 44, TRAVERS august 44

Hope to hear you soon

PS) I think you know than LEWINGTON A troop 4 cdo , is the man in front of the monument in Spean Bridge.

stéph.
Rick Smallman
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I am rather intrigued by this name for obvious reasons but I was wondering if he was a relative.

SMALLMAN kia 06 06 44

Regards
[WWW]
steph
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello RICK

Are you a relative about Brian and Catherine SMALLMAN ?
stéphane
Rick Smallman
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I do not recall those names but I will look at the family history chart

Regards
[WWW]
steph
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello RICK

BRIAN SMALLMAN is the son of SYDNEY SMALLMAN KIA on D.DAY. He live in SHROPSHIRE, in TELFORD.
Stéphane
Peter Cooper
Forum Member

My father, Dennis Cooper, was a member of 1 troop of No. 4 and I have printed the photo to show him in the hope that he may recognise some faces but it was a very long time ago ! They changed from letters to numbers before the Walcheren assault but I don't know exactly when. Does any one ?
I have posted a list of 1 troop members on the forum and hope this may be of some help.

Peter

Son of Dennis Cooper, 1 troop 4 Commando.
Rick Smallman
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Stéphane,

I shall have to ask my Aunt next time I phone here.

Regards
[WWW]
steph
Forum Member
[Avatar]

HELLO PETER

I was in touch with your father few years ago. I met him during the 50th anniversary of D.DAY, in AMFREVILLE (le hauger).
stéphane

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger