commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
February 1942 - Establishment of CBTC at Achnacarry House  XML
Forum Index » Commando Event Anniversaries (WW2)
Macdonald
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Under selection by Charles Haydon, ownership of the Clan Cameron Chief and command of Colonel Charles Vaughan, Achnacarry House became established as the Commando Basic Training Centre.

From here, the majority of Commando and Allied special forces recruits underwent the most rigorous of training that set the mark for such training today.

The original course was 12 weeks, gradually shortened over the next few years to 5 weeks to cope with greater numbers of recruits.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/01/2010 17:37:30

- Commando D Living History Group -
www.commandod.com
[WWW]
keith
Forum Member

hi Macdonald,
I'm writing a book about my father's time with the 46 RMC which includes his time at Achnacarry. May I have the permission to use that picture with the figures and castle in the background? If yes I'll explain a bit more and send you my email address for the hires picture.

Erictay

Forum Index » Commando Event Anniversaries (WW2)
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger