commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Battle Honours Banner  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
hockhamlain
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello All,
I have in my posession a Replica of the battle Honours Banner, I wonder if any of you know where I can get it repaired. Some of the silver braiding on the dagger is in need of repair as are the retaining bands on the top bar, Ill try and download a piccy if possible.
Regards Ron
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Ron

There is a company in Maidenhead who might help :

http://www.fabb.co.uk/html/military_regalia_-_hand_embroi.html

Is it the Commando Association Battle Honours Flag as on this link :

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/Commando+War+Graves+Memorials+and+Plaques/Westminster+abbey+roll+of+honour/Commando+Battle+Honours+Flag.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 19/11/2009 16:56:49

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
hockhamlain
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello Pete
Thanks for the reply, it is indeed the very same Battle Honours banner and thanks for the link I will contact them and see what can be done, I am grateful for your time.
Regards Ron
Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Ron where did you get a replica of the Banner? ive never seen one before

SE Donnison
[MSN]
hockhamlain
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello Steve,
A long story really, but to cut it short, I was in a local shop searching for any thing relating to Commando, the shop owner said he had nothing more to offer, when I looked above his head and there was the banner, we agreed a price and I walked away a very very happy man.
Regards Ron

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger