commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Boxing Contest between No.3 and No.4 Commando  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Units
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Donna Zisenis, the daughter of William (Bill) Taylor has sent in the programme of the contest which took place at Sidney Hall Weymouth - 17th December 1942 between Nos. 3 and 4 Commando. The names and results of each match can be clearly seen and the list of officials including the MC is noteworthy. The boxers include Donna's father. For the info of Andrew Evans I think your father is also shown as one of the boxers. Here is the link to the photo which , because it contains many names, I have placed in the Nominal Rolls album on Page 2 of the Main Gallery page. It is worth browsing the other documents in there if you have not already done so:
http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/rolls+of+honour/

I make no comment on the result of the contest. It's the taking part that counts ( well that's what I was always told when I lost at anything)

Thanks Donna for sending this in to us. I know you went to a lot of effort.

Regards

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Units
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger