commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Gallery  XML
Forum Index » Using the Website, Forums and Gallery
Admin
Forum Member

Hi All,

Just to let you know that the new gallery is up and running.

I hope you find it easy to use and useful. Due to time constraints, I have not been able to marry the security of the gallery with that of the forum. Which means that you will need to register with the gallery before you can use it. Simply follow the Register link on the gallery page, once you have completed the registration you will be sent an email, which will provide a link to activate your registration. Once successfully registered you can use the gallery to create Albums and Upload images to be shared with other members.

I have created an initial structure of Albums, which I hope you will find intuitive and useful. However, this is your gallery so please feel free to add new albums etc when you fell it is appropriate.

If you have any problems using the gallery then please let me know, with all things new it may take a little while before small issues are eradicated.

Initially there is an upload limit of 2Mb per image.

I look forward to seeing all those commando photos.

Dan

P.S.

A polite notice about gallery spamming: Unfortunately there are people on the internet that may attempt to abuse this facility by uploading inappropriate images. If you spot this then please report it to me as soon as possible so that I can remove the content and ban the user.

In the near future I will be looking for volunteers to help police the forum and the gallery.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 25/11/2009 19:41:17

NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Admin wrote:

In the near future I will be looking for volunteers to help police the forum and the gallery.

I'd be pleased to lend a hand if it helps...
Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Dan,
The new gallery is looking good - well done.

I'm looking forward to when the albums start filling up
Nick

Nick Collins,

[Email]
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

Fantastic facility Dan. Thanks.

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

im suddenly finding it hard to download pics to the gallery .Im going wrong somewhere,, arrragh . I doesnt tell me to Add New Photo like it use to on the left hand side. Im regisitered and loggedin so whys it doing this to me Help

SE Donnison
[MSN]
Admin
Forum Member

Sorry everyone, set up the album in a hurry and messed up the permissions. It should be possible to add photos to the Remembrance Day 2007 photo album now.
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Admin wrote:Sorry everyone, set up the album in a hurry and messed up the permissions. It should be possible to add photos to the Remembrance Day 2007 photo album now.

Dan,
Those are great photos that you've added there,

Nick

Nick Collins,

[Email]
MBrockway
Forum Member

Dan,
I just tried to Register on the Gallery to upload some of my mother's photos from the Remembrance Weekend at Fort William, but failed miserably to complete the process! :(

There's the anti-spammer step where you have to enter a number that should be presented as a picture, but there was no picture and try as I might I could not get it to Show Picture - I just got a button with an "X" in it.

Could someone take a look?

Otherwise I'll e-mail the images to Geoff or to Pete Rogers and ask them to post them on our behalf!
Cheers,
Mark

Remembering Tom McCormack, died of wounds, Bill Hughes and Syd Murdoch both captured, all at St Nazaire and all Liverpool Scottish/QOCH & 5(Scottish) Troop, No 2 Commando. Wonderful company & welcome guests billeted with my grandfather in Ayr in 1941-2.
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Mark

If you are having difficulty email them to me with as much info on each pic as possible and I will upload

Regards

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
MBrockway
Forum Member

Pete wrote:Mark

If you are having difficulty email them to me with as much info on each pic as possible and I will upload

Regards

Thanks Pete!

I'm still getting the same problem with the anti-Spam Picture not displaying during the Registration process :(

Also I've already sent you a 6MB photo of Janet, Bill Harvey and Stephen Unwin, that my mother took at Achnacarry near Bob's memorial ... but it was too big to get into your Hotmail account!

Any idea what the filesize threshold for Hotmail is? I'll then shrink all of the pictures down and send them on to you. There are only a half dozen or so.

Cheers,
Mark

Remembering Tom McCormack, died of wounds, Bill Hughes and Syd Murdoch both captured, all at St Nazaire and all Liverpool Scottish/QOCH & 5(Scottish) Troop, No 2 Commando. Wonderful company & welcome guests billeted with my grandfather in Ayr in 1941-2.
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Mark

Send them as they are without resizing to my alternate email address

Regards

** Photos now received and gallery updated courtesy of Mark's mother Lorna Muir **

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 11/05/2014 23:14:57

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
rijocy3
Forum Member

Hi my first time using this site and I was pleased to see some photos of my Dad, though un identified in them all. How do I make a comment on that? e.g on the photo labelled Bill Timmer and friends view 492 my father is 2nd left Hubertus Gubbels. Look forward to your instructions

^Pete R. instructions passed to enquirer

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 14/05/2014 09:28:54

Forum Index » Using the Website, Forums and Gallery
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger