commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Douglas Mann (Commando Ordnance Field Park/Commando Ordnance Squadron)  XML
Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

It is with much deep regret and sadness that I inform you of the passing of our fellow Commando and true friend Dougie Mann. Dougie suffered a heart attack this afternoon at his home in the Royal Hospital Chelsea.

Dougie was an absolute gentleman and a stalwart supporter of the Commando Veterans Association; always present at each of our events in his red tunic or blue summer shirt.

He will be sorely missed - a true Commando, a true gentleman, a true friend.

God bless you Dougie.

I shall post funeral details as and when I get them.
Regards
Geoff
[Thumb - CVA at NMA 26-28.06.09 0192.jpg]
 Filename CVA at NMA 26-28.06.09 0192.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  491 time(s)

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 09/05/2013 12:19:30

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
hockhamlain
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Rest in Peace, Dougie, we will mis you.
Ron
Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

a lovely man to chat to ,,,always had time for you God bless you Doug Heartbreaking

SE Donnison
[MSN]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Here's another great photo of Dougie that I found in the galleries and thought I would post here for all to see and remember him
[Thumb - Dougie Mann and Geoff Murray.jpg]
 Filename Dougie Mann and Geoff Murray.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  469 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 29/09/2009 10:50:26

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

Dear All,

Further to my last, I have been informed that Dougie's funeral will take place at the Royal Hospital Chelsea next Thursday (8th Oct) at 1430hrs. The funeral service will take place in the hospital chapel and there will be food and a few beers for Dougie's wake afterwards.

His daughter Karen has asked that wreaths or a small donation to the hospital would be preferred to flowers.

If those planning to attend could reply to my email address - [email protected] that will help with the catering arrangements and would be very much appreciated.

It would be wonderful to have a sea of Green and Maroon Berets present to see Dougie off in style (as he has seen most of us all off in style over the years gone by).

Regards

Geoff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 30/09/2009 18:21:25

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'

Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger