commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
x stich  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
Kevin
Forum Member
[Avatar]

This is a cross stich I finished last week, will have It stretched and framed next weekend.

Kevin
[Thumb - ABCD0001.JPG]
 Filename ABCD0001.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description x stich
 Filesize 709 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  392 time(s)

''Coemgen Filius Primi Inter Pares"
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Looks good Kev, well done.
Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Kevin

Looks really great, you will have to post another photo when you have had it stretched and framed, by the way have not forgotten about the Commando DVD, will let you know as soon as I post it out to you.

Thanks again for all your efforts concerning the meeting with Idris, cheers Andy.

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]
Kevin
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Finished and framed

Kevin
[Thumb - xst.JPG]
 Filename xst.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description Cross stitch framed
 Filesize 2091 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  409 time(s)

sgtmoon
Forum Member

Looks really great you can see that there a lot of work went in to this ,its just fantastic! well done.
[WWW]
Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Kevin

The finished piece looks really superb, you have done a great job, I have tried to download the image, but for some reason I don't seem to be able to open attachments to any Forum messages at the moment.
I have just contacted a printers and am going to have a copy of the No1 Commando group panorama that Idris has and that John Mewett sent me a high res copy of. If I can find a frame big enough (the photo size is 36" x 6") I will mount and frame this myself, I have actually got a special device for cutting the mountboard card.

Excellent Job, cheers Andy

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]
Kevin
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Many thanks for the positive comments, Andy you'll have to upload your finished project of the Commando panorama.
I've also recently obtained some old photos of my father in uniform from 1926 onwards taken in India and Sudan, he also has a " Good Buddy" but I suppose I'll never find out who he was. Although not strictly commando I might upload some time, at the age of early to mid twenties he looks quite the dude in his RWF uniform.

All the best
Kevin

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger