commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Hong Kong 1946  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
Douglas. A. Neish
Forum Member
[Avatar]

sorry to bore you - just 2 more shots.
 Filename Kowloon Tong.bmp [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 887 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  538 time(s)

Filename Kowloon.bmp [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 887 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  529 time(s)

kwailo
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Douglas,
please (and this applies to everyone) never apologise for posting any photos or threads - they are all very interesting.
This website was formed to celebrate the bravery of The Commandos, the memory of those who are no longer with us, to learn more information about these quiet, unassuming heroes and to ensure that no one ever forgets them...
I have learnt a great deal from this website since it was started and look forward to my visits to the site and reading any new contributions with great anticipation.
Unfortunately, no-one has been able to provide me with any info about my late father but I have learnt more about 5 Commando and I really do enjoy seeing other folk finding out things about their relatives etc.

I have also met a few new friends on the site :D

Please everyone keep posting more thread and pictures and/or anything relating to The Commandos - what you may consider boring may just be the missing link for another person. :D

Best regards,
Nick

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 15/07/2007 22:49:41

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Douglas. A. Neish
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Nick,

Thanks for your few kind words.

The shots of 1946 were to remind those who came here in 1945 what the Colony really looked liked when they sailed into HK Harbour on the 11th September, 1945 on the "Glengyle" and "Llanstephen Castle".

The skyline and the whole scene has changed since then, beyond recognition.

DAN.

kwailo

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger