commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
No.2 Commando  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

One of my brothers gave me a few photos he had found tucked away including these two. One is of a No.2 Cdo reunion in a restaurant in Dale Street, liverpool in 1950 ( several 5 Troop) in there. Quite a tough looking group I have to say. Donald Roy is in the background standing. I had already placed a copy of this picture in the gallery but this one is of much better quality: the second is of my uncle TSM Ken McAllister, my father L/Sgt Joe Rogers MM, and a Sgt Tommy Everitt. If anyone knows anything about Tommy Everitt I would be most interested in hearing from them. The links to the gallery photos which are much clearer than here on the forum are - for the reunion :
http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/Commando+Gatherings+pre+CVA/reunions/ca2.jpg.html

and here for Tommy Everitt - he is on the right as you view the picture:

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/2/Ken+Mac_+Joe+Rogers_+Tommy+Everitt.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

[Thumb - No.2 Cdo Reunion Dale Street Liverpool.jpg]
 Filename No.2 Cdo Reunion Dale Street Liverpool.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 550 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  387 time(s)

[Thumb - Ken Mac. Joe Rogers, Tommy Everitt.jpg]
 Filename Ken Mac. Joe Rogers, Tommy Everitt.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 475 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  371 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 05/04/2013 17:38:23

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

wonderful photos Pete ..Dont you just love to see the combined ops badge on a uniform,, makes u proud

SE Donnison
[MSN]

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger