commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Vaagso memorial visit  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
Andy Miles
Forum Member

Later this month I shall be visiting Maloy (Vaagso) to see where my Great Uncle (EJ Geear, 3Cdo) died and also to pay my respects at the memorial and will lay a wreath on behalf of my Nan who is no longer fit enough to make the journey to see where her brother died. I shall then continue on to Trondheim to the Commonwealth War graves where those killed on Operation Archery now rest

Would the CVA like me to lay a wreath on their behalf whilst I'm there and if those veterans or relatives of veterans who fought in Vaagso would like to note down any sentiments on a card then I can take those as well

I will meet any costs for wreaths etc. I must admit to feeling slightly awkward as to how this post might be received but wanted to make this offer - In my mind it's the right thing to do
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Andy,

I can't speak officially for the CVA but, personally, I think that's an extremely magnaminous offer and I'm sure that the Vaasgo veterans will be grateful for your kind offer.

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

Hello Andy
That is a very good idea and kind offer and I'm sure there would be no problem.

Just PM Geoff Murray and I am sure he will give you the nod.

Regards
John M

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

geoffmurray1
Forum Member

Andy, it goes without saying that we would be honored if you could lay a wreath on behalf of all members of the CVA. The great name of the Commando's started with those early raids where we lost many great men. You are giving us another opportunity to pay our sincere respects and to remind the good people of Vaagso that these heroes shall always be remembered.

I am only jealous that I cannot join you, maybe one day.

Have a wonderful trip and please send us some photos.

Kind regards

Geoff

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
Andy Miles
Forum Member

Geoff,

Thanks for the nod of approval. I shall make the necessary arrangements and of course will make all the photos and film of my visit available on the forum as soon as possible after my return on 1st Sept
Please PM me the wording you would like to see attached to the wreath (if any)

Regards

Andy

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger