commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Raising Money  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
hockhamlain
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello All,
We have an amazing oppertunity to raise some money for the CVA. The "Honourable Sylvie" is to have an "Op" on her throat, now' following the "Op" she has to keep quiet for a week? I for one dont believe that she can do it. So, I am willing to sponser Sylvie £15.00p to go to the CVA funds if she can make it. She will be staying with her daughter in Portsmouth whom I'm sure we can rely on to keep the score. So there you are Sylvie the challenge is on as promised, if there is anyone else out there who knows Sylvie and her willingness to talk who would like to come on board please contact me by PM and we can take it from there.
Good Luck Sylvie.
Regards a Confident Ron
Sylvie
Forum Member

I have not said a word for days - hardest thing I have ever done! My daughter is enjoying the silence but not the semafore and hand gestures. We will keep you updated with my non-verbal progress. Will be in good voice for November where I intend to make up for a week's worth of silence. Save up for your raffle tickets!!!! You have been warned!!

Silent Sylvie
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

Well done Sylvie, I'll match Ron's £15, however it is such a shame that we cannot be around to enjoy your silence. Can you do it again in November?

Get well soon.

G

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
thomas roderick
Forum Member

well done sylvie. myself,sindy and steve will sponser you £10 each.
dad keeps changing the batteries in his hearing aids,he thinks there not
working because its so quiet. love tom

tom roderick
[Yahoo!]
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

Hi Silvie

Well I live in the East Midlands..............and Silence is Golden :)

Get Well soon.

And £15.00 from me.

Best regards
The Hon John M

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

Sylvie
Forum Member

Hi All,

I am still silent! One more day to go as I can make up for lost time on Wednesday morning.

Thank you everybody who has sponsored me - we have done quite well out of my suffering! My daughter is enjoying the silence and keeps turning the calendar backwards rather than forwards to prolong her bliss!
......and I thought she loved me!

Geoff you are a brave boy but my revenge will be swift, stealthy and sweet! Remember you brought it on yourself!

Also thank you for the good wishes and get well messages, they have been greatly appreciated.

Love Still Silent Sylvie

Jennifer Barlow
Forum Member

All Sylvie's sponsors and supporters will be delighted to learn that she emerged from her long silence at 09.32 this morning after a week with only a giggle ball, crazy frog, bell, semaphore and tapping for communication. The Voice is back! Although a little husky and quiet, we hope she'll soon be back at full throttle in a few days - so put on your ear muffs!

Watch this space - Sylvie will be posting a message soon!

Jennie

hockhamlain
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello All,
I have just been on the phone to Silent Sylvie, she has asked me to thank all those who pledged their hard earnt in response to her forced silence. We obviousley thank her for agreeing to allow us "The CVA" to benefit from her verbal detention. So far £130. has been raised and we are still open to offers however small so come on its a good cause.
Regards Ron
Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I 'll add £15

SE Donnison
[MSN]

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger